Saturday 13 February 2010

In Love with Chestnut I ~ Chestnut Cheesecake






Tonight is Chinese New Year's Eve.
The tradition is to have dinner with the family in this day, I almost forgot this tradition. I haven't celebrated Chinese New Year since I came to England.
I can still remember the festival in Malaysia, red lanterns being hanged up in the streets & people coming back to the little village I used to live from the cities.
Then, on the New Year day, I used to go out with my friends to get some 'red envelopes'.
It was the most happiest day for me as a child, since I got money just by greeting the elders ^__^

As I said in my last post, I made these chestnut cheesecakes this afternoon.
Just in time for desserts after the dinner.
Wish everyone a prosperous & happy Chinese New Year.



Recipe (6'' round/6 ramekins):
Crust:
70g digestive biscuit crumbs
30g butter (unsalted & melted)

Mix the crust ingredients & press into a pan/ramekins, cool in a fridge.

Chestnut cheese:
80g cream cheese
130g whipping cream
130g unsweetened chestnut puree
30g sugar
30g water
2 sheets of gelatine/4g gelatine

Dissolve the gelatine in water over simmering water.
Whisk cream cheese, & sugar until smooth, fold in the chestnut puree.
Whisk the whipping cream to soft peaks, fold in the chestnut cheese mixture.
Fold in the gelatine solution.
Fill in the prepared pan/ramekins then freeze to set.

Chestnut cream:
75g whipping cream
50g chestnut puree
10g sugar

Whisk the whipping cream with sugar to soft peaks, add in the chestnut puree then continue whisking until stiff.

Decorate with chestnut cream and candied chestnut or as you like & serve.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your chestnut recipes, i really want to try using it but not gotten round to doing so.... but while looking for some good ideas i stumbled on yours, delicious ! Love the photography :)

    Becky
    (http://patisseriechallenge.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails