Sunday 9 May 2010

Chocolate & Blackberry Mousse



The weather in London is awful.
It has been raining & windy for 2 weeks but it couldn't stop me from going to Portobello Market.
You can see it's the season of berries in the market, I bought a box of blueberry, strawberry & blackberry.
I was thinking making a 3-layer berry mousse cake, inspired by the blog (Chinese).
But there're no yogurts in my fridge, so I made something else at the end.
Blueberry for muffins, strawberry for jam, blackberry for mousse.
I didn't include the recipes of blueberry muffins & strawberry jam, lots of recipes you can find online.
Chocolate is great with everything! Or maybe it's because I love chocolate :)




I love the blackberry layer, the colour is so vibrant & purple, it tastes great too.
I used shot glasses for these desserts, only because I just bought them from Westfield shopping centre.
I have read a post from cannell et vanille using shot glasses to make cheesecake popsicles.
I think it's a great idea making ice lollies for summer, although it's still long to come.
Looking forwards to the nice weather to come!

Recipe (6 shot glasses):
Blackberry mousse:
80g blackberry
1 tbsp lemon juice
50g whipping cream
1/2 sheet of gelatine sheet (1g)

Soften gelatine in cold water for a few minutes, then squeeze out the excess water.
Make blackberry puree using electric blender, strain to get the juice.
Add lemon juice then heat until slight boil, add the bloomed gelatine, set aside for cooling.
Whisk the whipping cream to soft peaks then fold in the puree.
Fill the glass until it is half full, then refrigerate to set.

Chocolate mousse:
25g dark chocolate (70%)
30ml milk
10g sugar
60ml whipping cream
1/2 sheet of gelatine sheet (1g)

Soften gelatin in cold water for a few minutes, then squeeze out the excess water.
Melt the chocolate with milk over simmering water, add the bloomed gelatine.
Whisk up the whipping cream with sugar, fold in the chocolate batter.
Pour over the blackberry mousse & refrigerate to set.

Chocolate ganache:
25g dark chocolate (70%)
30ml whipping cream

Heat all ingredients over simmering water until chocolate is fully melted.
Spread over the top & refrigerate to set.
Serve cool with blueberries & blackberries or fruits of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails