Tuesday 10 May 2011

Pear & Chocolate Wholemeal Muffins


It has been a long time since my last post.
I had been away to my home country Malaysia & also visited Hong Kong & China mainland.
It was hard getting back to work after a long & relaxing holiday, so I'm catching up my work & back to my 'old' life.
It was a great trip & I will post some photos of my trip after I sorted them out.
Meanwhile I'm sharing a simple recipe of chocolate muffins.
I didn't have time for food shopping so I used what I had in the kitchen, it turned out great.
Enjoy baking & the sun!

Recipe (10-12 muffins):
Poached Pears
4-6 pears
200 g sugar
2 teabags of earl grey tea
Boiling water

Peel, core & halve the pears, then combine with sugar & teabags in a large pot.
Pour in boiling water to cover the pears & leave to stand overnight.

Pear & Chocolate Wholemeal Muffins
60 g unsalted butter
70 g sugar
2 eggs
50 g milk chocolate
30 g ground almond
150 g self-raising wholemeal flour
20 g cocoa powder
120 ml chocolate milk
Poached pears (you can use whatever fruits you like)

Line muffin moulds with cupcake cases.
In a large bowl, beat soften butter with sugar until light & fluffy.
Beat one egg at a time until smooth & light.
Melt chocolate in microwave & blend with the batter.
Blend in ground almond, wholemeal flour & cocoa powder, mix to combine.
Pour in chocolate milk & mix until smooth.
Fill the prepared moulds until 2/3 full, squeeze the poached pears in the batter.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20-25 min.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! I'm going to have to try these soon. I love the idea of pear, chocolate, and wheat flour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i am happy to express that I’ve an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot for sure will make sure to do not fail to remember this site and provides it a look a relentless basis.
    If you want to learn more about smoothie blender, you can visit now

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails