Saturday 9 February 2013

Vanilla Creme Brûlée



Thanks for all the emails & greetings, I'm now getting better :)
This year is a very important year to me, as I'm finishing my Ph.D study and will be writing up my thesis.
As time goes by, I'm getting anxious & stressed.
Sometimes, I have the thought in mind that why I have chosen to do a Ph.D?
Being a patisserie sounds more fun, I know it's not as easy as I think it would be.


Coming to February & it's Valentine's day that I can remember of February.
My blog hardly goes along with the festival, because by the time I remember the day has passed…
I made these creme brûlée after the featherlight chocolate cake as there're leftover egg yolks.
Creme brûlée is easy to make yet delicious, I only used 1/4 vanilla pod for a mild fragrance.


Happy Valentine's day!

Vanilla Creme Brûlée (make 6 small ramekins):
5 egg yolks (L)
100 g granulated sugar
250 ml whipping cream
250 ml milk
1/4 vanilla pod, split & seeded

Preheat oven to 150C.
Bring the whipping cream, milk, 50 g sugar & vanilla pod to boil, set aside to cold slightly.
In a large bowl, combine egg yolks & the remaining sugar, beat until pale & fluffy.
Pour the cream over the egg mixture & whisk to combine.
Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a large jug.
Fill the ramekins to about 2/3 full.
Place the ramekins into a large roasting tray & pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the ramekins.
Put in the preheated oven & bake for 30-35 min or until just set but still a bit wobbly in the middle.
Remove the ramekins from the water & set aside to cool, refrigerate 3-4 h before serving.
When ready to serve, sprinkle caster sugar evenly over the surface & then caramelise with a blow torch. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!nice collections.Here I would like to introduce Delights of India,which is a directory for India handicraft store.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails