Monday 6 May 2013

Whisky & Raspberry Cheesecake




At one weekend, I went back to Basildon as usual by train.
At the station, the train was delayed so I went to the bookshop nearby & flipped through some food magazines.
I wanted to baked a cheesecake when I got home so when I saw there was a section on cheesecake in Food & Travel.
I bought the magazine without second thought.


All the cheesecakes in the magazine seem great & I baked the easiest recipe which I omitted the baked flapjack base.
The cheesecake wasn't overly sweet, so I drizzled some honey on top & served it with some tangy raspberries.
Bon appétit!


Recipe (8" round):

adapted from Food & Travel magazine May 2013
Cheesecake base
180 g shortbread, crushed
80 g unsalted butter, melted
20 g ground almond

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Toast in a preheated oven at 180C for 10-15 min.
Once cooled, pressed into a 8" cake pan.

Cheesecake filling

300 g cream cheese
300 ml crème fraîche
115 g honey
2 eggs
125 g fresh raspberry
80 ml whisky
I tbsp plain flour

Soak raspberry in whisky for 30 min.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth.
Beat in crème fraîche, honey & eggs.
Fold in the flour until smooth.
Fold in raspberry & remaining whisky.
Pour into the prepared pan & bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 50-60 min.
Remove from the pan & cool on a wired rack.
Refrigerate for more than 3 h or overnight before serving. 

1 comment:

  1. Whilst it could be enjoyable to store for tag heuer outlet locations, it
    can be difficult if you usually are not positive how
    you can select pricey pieces. An inexperienced tag heuer outlet online shopper might pay a lot of.
    This article will explain to you make a wise tag heuer
    outlet chicago purchase.

    Here is my homepage; tag heuer outlet orlando

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails